jueves, 18 de marzo de 2010

ºº"Woul rather" and "Would prefer"ºº




Hello clasmates!!!
We are Geovanny and Yuliana
Today we go to explain a little about of Would rather and Would prefer
these two phrases mean preference but the diference between these is that
the verb that follows "Would rather" go in infinitive without "to".
instead the verb that follows "Would prefer" can be go follows of an verb in infinitive whit "to" or "ing".

Here is presented the structure that should have our prayers when we use "Would rather"
Affirmative
Subject+Would rather+Infinitive
Example: I would rather be happy than be beautiful
 Negative
Subject+Would rather+Not+Infinitive
Exaple: I Would not do my homework 
Interrogative
Would+Subject+Rather+Infinitive
Example: Would you rather have coffee or tea?


Here is presented the structure that should have our prayers when we use "Would prefer"
Affirmative: Subject+Would prefer+Infinitive
Negative:Subject+Would prefer+Not+infinitive
Interrogative:Would+Subject+Prefer+Infinitive

Examples
Affirmative:I would prefer flying to cancun that talking the bus.
Negative: He would prefer not to go by train.
Interrogative: Would you prefer to go to the disco or to eat tacos?

We hope  you find it helpful the publication and remember to write your comments chaoo...!!!



3 comentarios:

  1. Does anyone have anything to add or suggest? I do. But "I would prefer" to let my students make comments first.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello!!! For me, I think it's a good job and thanks to them now I understand how to use "Would rather" and "Would prefer". Thanks guys and nice work. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. http://5zootycompplus.blogspot.com/

    There are two different entries about Would Rather and Would Prefer on the other class blog!

    ResponderEliminar